A few weeks ago Apple announced the Apple Watch and the world went crazy (sort of). Before you wake up at 6AM in the morning (or even earlier) on April 24 2015 to purchase the Apple watch, here are 18 things you should know. Maybe this will help you decide if you want to spend your hard earned dollars on this watch.
- It doesn’t work unless you have an iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.2. or later.
- The Apple Watch app comes pre-installed with iOS 8.2 and no, you can’t remove it.
- Apple claims that the Apple Watch will last 18 hours but of course, that will depend on how you use the device.
- The Watch ships with a magnetic circular charger. (The charger looks pretty cool)
- The Digital Crown button is the watch’s main button; you can use it to scroll, zoom and navigate.
- Notifications are all over the Apple Watch. You don’t have to take your iPhone out of your pocket when you have the Watch. You can glance at your wrist to see who’s calling, respond to your messages and even read emails.
- There are a lot of built in responses to messages so you won’t look crazy constantly touching your watch.
- When it comes to emails, you can read it on your wrist, mark it as read or unread, move it to trash or even open on your iPhone.
- Digital Touch lets you send a sketch, tap, or pulse to someone else who is wearing an Apple Watch. Yes, that’s right, you can share your heartbeat now.
- You can send your location to someone when you’re trying to meet up with them.
- If you’re in the US, you can pay with the Apple Watch. Canadians, I have no idea when we’ll be able to do that.
- The Apple watch comes with an accelerometer and built-in heart rate monitor and it uses your iPhone’s GPS and WiFi to measure distance.
- If you’re sitting for too long the Apple Watch will tap your wrist to remind you to get up and move around.
- The Apple Watch Sport edition is $349 for the 38mm watch and $399 for the 42mm one. This edition comes in 5 different colors,white, blue, green, pink, and black.
- The Apple Watch (the midrange version) is $549 but goes up to $1,099 depending on the band.
- The Apple Watch Edition (the high-end luxury version) starts at $10,000. This version is made from custom rose or yellow 18-karat gold alloys.
- Apple Watch arrives in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, the U.K. and the U.S. on Friday, April 24.
- If you have a lot of money and you don’t know what to do with it all, you can get an Apple Watch from Brikk and those start at $50,000 and go up to $115,000 or maybe even more. You can pre-order them here.
What are your thoughts on the Apple Watch?