Earlier today, Snapchat released a new way to keep track of your best friends. Ditching the old “best friends list”and opting in for a more private solution by implementing different emojis which will only be visible to you on your incoming snaps screen.
I’ve seen a crazy amount of tweets where people have no idea what these emojis are all about, so here’s what Snapchat’s Friends Emojis mean:
- Gold Heart – You’re #1 Best Friends – The person you send snaps to most sends snaps to you most too
- Grimace/Grit Teeth – You Have A Mutual #1 Best Friend – The person you send snaps to most is also who this person sends snaps to most
- Smile – One Of Your Best Friends – This is one of the people you send snaps to most
- Sunglasses – You Have A Mutual Best Friend – One of the people you send snaps to most is also one of the people this person sends snaps to most
- Smirk – You’re Their Best Friend But They’re Not Yours – You’re one of the people they send snaps to most, but they’re not one of the people you send snaps to most
- Fire – You Two Are On A Snapstreak – You and this person have sent snaps back and forth for the number of consecutive days shown